Aims and Benefits of TUG membership
- to encourage and expand the use of TeX, METAFONT and related
- to ensure the integrity and portability of TeX, METAFONT and
- to foster innovation in high-quality electronic document
Members of TUG help to promote the use of TeX and related systems,
and receive the following:
- Publications: Each year, all members receive
the quarterly journal
TUGboat, The Communications of the TeX Users Group.
One of the four TUGboat issues contains the
proceedings of the annual meeting, so if you can't make the meeting,
you can still keep up to date with the latest developments.
TUG also publishes special single-topic items in its TeXniques
series; some are guides and summaries of TeX and
LaTeX; others offer descriptions of major software packages (e.g.,
- Books and Software: A ``one-stop shop'', the TUG office carries
most TeX macro packages as well as TeX publications and products.
Large collections of TeX software for many personal
computers are also available through TUG at low cost.
TUG also maintains a list of
known TeX implementations.
- Annual Meetings: TUG's Annual Meetings
bring TeX users together to learn the latest in TeX applications and
innovations through seminars, talks and informal gatherings. They offer
an opportunity to connect with other TeX users at every level. Each
conference is informative, but always informal and friendly - the
perfect forum for valuable interaction and exchange of ideas on
- TeX Worldwide: When you belong to TUG you connect with
other TeX user associations around the world.
Reciprocal membership arrangements are available with some of the
- TeX Training: Each year TUG offers seminars and
beginner, intermediate and advanced TeX users throughout North
America and Europe. TUG will customize on-site courses to meet your
company's specific needs.
- Discounted Annual Meeting fees
- Special student rates for membership
- Discounts on the purchase of selected TUG publications
- Discounts on TUG-sponsored courses
TUG also distributes some TeX software,
and provides limited technical support for members.