configuration and diagnostic utils for 3Com 5x9 cards.
- 3c5x9 and el3-diag :
3c5x9 : EEPROM setup and diagnostic program for the 3Com 3c5x9 series ethercards
el3-diag : Diagnostic program for 3c509 and 3c579 ethercards
DNS utils - host, dig, dnsquery, nslookup
- Collection of utilities for querying name servers and looking up hosts.
These tools let you determine the IP addresses for given host names,
and find information about registered domains and network addresses.
CMU SNMP development libs and headers
- These are the development libraries and header files for CMU SNMP.
This will allow the network administrator to write programs for
use with network management.
CMU SNMP utilities
- These are the various utilities for use with CMU SNMP. Contains utils
such as snmpwalk, snmptest, and more.
Fast ping -- checks if multiple machines are alive.
- This program can be used to periodically checking whether
multiple machines are alive. It sends them ICMP echo request (ping)
packets, and waits for reply. It is faster than pinging 1000s of
NOTE: This package installs set-uid root binary /usr/bin/fping.
I am not responsible for a possible security leaks.
- Simple (non-interactive) command line client to download files from a URL
Utilities for IPX configuration
- This package includes utilities necessary for configuring and debugging
IPX interfaces and networks under Linux. IPX is the low-level protocol
used by NetWare to transfer data.
Smart getty replacement for data and fax modems
- This is the mgetty+sendfax distribution. It contains programs to send
and receive faxes in a unix environment using a class 2 faxmodem.
Support Utilities for ncpfs, the free netware client for Linux.
- This package contains tools to help configure and use the ncpfs filesysten,
which is a linux filesystem which understands the NCP protocol. This
protocol is used by Novell NetWare clients use to talk to NetWare servers.
Network Device Rx/Tx Monitor
- You can see flashing CAPS and SCLK lights on kbd when any packets are
sent or received on any network devices. May be used for ppp or any
Displays the network load
- NETLOAD is a program that displays the network load plus other
statistics data in a network device like ethernet, ppp, etc...
It uses the ncurses library to display the data in color,
plus a "gauge" that shows the network load, that changes colors
depending on the load.
file distributor - maintain files on multiple machines
- Rdist is a program to maintain identical copies of files over multiple
hosts. It preserves the owner, group, mode, and mtime of files if
possible and can update programs that are executing.
socksified telnet,ftp etc
- Pre-Socksified ping, traceroute, ftp, finger, whois, archie and telnet
socks5 library from NEC
- Shared Library to dynamically "socksify" programs.
monitors network traffic in a terminal
- Statnet views the statistics of your Ethernet and PLIP/PPP/SLIP for TCP, IP,
IPX, Appletalk, and whatever else it notices.
- kilobytes per second on ethernet, plip, and other interfaces.
- the load of ethernet
- frames per second.
- how many frames of each type (like IP, ARP .. and some Appletalk
or TCP frames) were seen.
return "I am not here" indication
- Vacation returns a message to the sender of a message telling them that you
are currently not reading your mail.
Command-line HTTP and FTP client
- wget is a command-line program to fetch files via HTTP or FTP. It
supports recursive retrieval and mirroring options, and it automatically
retries several times before giving up, so it is well-suited to running
from cron jobs.
NIS (YP) clients
- This implementation of NIS for linux is based on the YP stuff for
NetBSD from Theo Deraadt and an independend port of H.J. Lu.
This implementation only provides NIS _clients_. You must already have
a NIS server running somewhere. You can find one for linux on
ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/NYS. Please read the NIS-HOWTO, too.
NIS/YP pwd Tools
- NIS/YP password changing server (daemon) and client.
Zephyr distributed messaging system
- Zephyr is a notice transport and delivery system developed at MIT which
runs under 4.3BSD Unix.
A Notice Transport and Delivery system is a method of getting small
quantities of time sensitive information efficiently from one client (or
server) on a network to another.
Files necessary to run a zephyr server
- This package includes the files necessary to run a zephyr server on your Linux machine. Note
that this is *NOT* the same as running ZHM (the zephyr host manager), which
needs to be run on every machine you wish to use zephyr on.