The Linux Networking Project
What is new In Linux 2.0
- Significantly higher performance TCP/IP, with far better performance on
heavily loaded links.
- Heavily rewritten PPP layer with new facilities like compression.
- Extended firewalling facilities including loadable firewall modules.
- More complete IPX support, we are now able to host Netware client
- Appletalk protocol, routing and fileserving.
- Comprehensive amateur radio AX.25 and NetROM stack.
- And much much more....
Ongoing Linux Network Projects
More to be added
- Linux 2.0 Upgrades & Fixes
- A list of Linux changes and upgrades from 2.0.0 to 2.0.25. Also includes
a list of faulty 3rd party products and workarounds.
- IP version 6
- Linux 2.1 development for the IP version 6 protocol.
- Network Buffer Management
- The Linux 'sk_buff' kernel buffers and their management and usage (up to
date for 2.0.28)
Return to the www.uk.linux.org title page