Linux Development Projects
The following links point to Linux-related development projects. This does not include commercial software development, which is listed under
Commercial Products. The * Linux Projects Map also lists ongoing Linux development projects.
Kernel, Device Drivers, Filesystems
Don Becker's * Linux Homepage with information on TCP/IP and Ethernet drivers for Linux.
The * Linux Networking News, which gives the current status of the networking development project.
Werner Almesberger's * ATM on Linux development project page.
* Mobile-IP support for Linux networking.
Organizations and Groups
The * Linux Software Review, a forum to discuss software programs and packages written for Linux.
Information about * WINE, an
MS-Windows emulator for x86-UNIX systems, including Linux.
* The Purdue Compiler Construction Tool Set is available for Linux.
* GNU Smalltalk is being developed with the use of Linux systems.
* Linux Software Map, a database of software developed and ported to Linux, with search
engines at * New Generation Software and * Boutell.Com.
* The FREE Visual Tcl/Tk Project, designed and developed using Linux.
* Objex (ox), a
full object model for Linux. The system will allow the user (and the
programmer) to do anything in an object-oriented paradigm.
The * Linux Interface Project, whose goal is to provide the next generation of GUIs for Linux and more!
* Project Andromeda, a MkLinux distibution project.
* Linux Phone Project.
* Mnemonic, a new WWW browser project.
The * Linux Game SDK Project, is creating a full development environment under Linux for professional video games developers.
The * Universal Serial Bus (USB) for Linux project.
Research and Scientific Groups
Benchmarks & Standards
email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a Linux development project that should be added to this list.
Last Modified: 26 March, 1997 by Greg Hankins